header image

3/16/15

So for my b-day I got $35, new clothes, and some new Curry 1’s. It is also the start of march madness. That is a giant tournament for collage basketball. Tell me who you picked to win and why. Maybe that can be a journal prompt for you!

Now I have to do a real journal prompt. since there is none for March I picked one from February. There is a quote by Henry Ford that says, “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.”

I think that this means to always keep your eyes on the prize and to not worry about the obstacles. There is a reason that it is a prize. Of course it is not easy! If it was easy it wouldn’t be worth anything.

Now I would like to share a story about a time I had to overcome an obstacle to meet my goal. it is actually happening right now. I have a goal to go to zones in swimming. Zones is a meet where the state will pick the best 10&Under Boys and girls 11/12 Boys and Girls and same for 13/14 year olds. They take them down to Hawaii (at least this year) and race all the best swimmers in the zone which includes California to Washington to Arizona to Utah and many more states. There are countless obstacles to overcome in a race, the swimmer beside you, fatigue, and sloppiness. If I plan to be getting on the zones team I can’t loose to someone of the peninsula. If I get tired I will go slower than I could have gone. And if I am to sloppy than not only will I not go fast but I will also get DQed and my time will not count. But there is one way that will help you out in almost every situation. Hard work. If you out work them  then you can rise above the competition. If you work hard consistently  then you will get more stamina. And If you practice more you get the technique down.

But what if you have talent? Well, there is a quote by Kevin Durant that says, “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” For example I am going to talk about some shooters in the NBA. Ray Allen will do 3 to 4 hour warm ups before a game. If you do that much work consistently I don’t care how much talent the other guy has Ray will beat him 10 times out of 10.

~ by Ethan Evans on .